It is IMPORTANT to adhere to the following guidelines at the time of appointment
The Acupuncture Board of Florida has established these protocols for Acupuncture Physicians to follow to avoid exposure to COVID-19: We will be sanitizing the office and treatment rooms according to the CDC guidelines with hospital grade sanitizer. We will be scheduling in such a way as to proper time to sanitize between patients. We are required to wear a face mask and gloves during treatment.
Additional changes in the protocol:
- Patients should remain in their car until a text or phone notification is sent that I am ready for your appointment, or until your practitioner comes to open the door for you.
- Upon entering, please wash your hands Immediately (following CDC 20 second-hand washing guidelines) and proceed directly to your room.
- You MUST wear a face mask upon entering the office and during your treatment. If you are having a face-down treatment you may remove your mask. A sanitized place will be made available.
- Please email me prior to treatment with any new concerns I need to be aware of as our time together will be shorter than usual. I will be conducting intakes via text or email now to minimize the time spent in the office.
- You will not be permitted to change clothes in the office or treatment room so please wear easy to adjust, loose-fitting clothes for your treatment. This includes face-down treatment.
- Please leave all watches, jewelry, etc at home or locked securely in your vehicle.
- Please leave your phone in your car.
- The CDC does NOT allow acupuncture to treat COVID-19 or any other cold, flu-like symptoms, or respiratory illness at this time. Please seek help from your primary care physician or health department if you are experiencing any symptoms or have been exposed.
- It is also recommended that we DO NOT treat allergy symptoms or any respiratory conditions such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, COPD until further notice. These conditions can be addressed using supplements, Herbs, or homeopathic remedies which we can discuss via text or email. I can arrange to deliver supplements to your home without contact.
- It is recommended to avoid treating any facial acupuncture points including all facial treatments. (Points on other areas of the head and ears will and can be used)
Thank you in advance for cooperating with these CDC and Florida Board of Acupuncture requirements and guidelines to keep everyone safe and healthy during this pandemic.
- Sarasota Health Dept: 941-861-2900
- Manatee Health Dept: 941-750-8797
- COVID-19 Hotline: 866-779-6121
At the time of your appointment please wait in your car or outside.
We will text you when it is time to be seen.
Please reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing
any Coronavirus symptoms by emailing us.
Please note, we are working with a skeleton crew and will not have a
front desk receptionist to schedule appointments by phone.